Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Where does the time go...

Well that was a quick two weeks.  Now I am left trying to remember what I have been doing.

We are getting ready for the school fair in March next year and the craft stall always has to start early because sourcing materials and making stuff always takes so much time.  The other night several of us went to Lyndal's to learn how to wet felt and dry felt.  I am not so keen on the wet felting but loved the needle felting.  I would rather stab myself in the hand occassionally with the needle felter than put my hand in boiling water.  There was a lot of stabbing of fingers rather than felt going on which may have had a bit to do with the wine consumed. 

It was great fun.  Here is my first attempt at needle felting....



I definitely want to try this again and have invested in a new book Needle Felted Figures, which is beautiful.

Over the last few weeks we have been treated to several sushi meals.  Jack has been perfecting the art of making sushi and we have been willing guinea pigs.  This is part of his food technology class at school.



I have also been toying with an idea in my head for some Christmas decorations using the large babushka fabric... this is what it looks like so far..




I will finish embellishing and then create a stuffie with a hanger to pop on the Christmas tree.

It is scary thinking about Christmas - so much to do - so little time!

3 comments:

Jodie said...

First attempt - thats amazing ....

Stitchbird said...

Thanks Jodie - I am still getting to grips with everything. Like realising I have comments, yeah it measn someone is reading my blog! I have now set up email notification of comments so hopefully I won't be rude and ignore people (but it is not guaranteed).

Marini said...

First attempt - thats amazing ....