Thursday, December 31, 2015

The Joy of Giving - A Quilt for My Dad

One of the reasons I like making and sewing is the joy of being able to gift something you have made.

This year for Christmas I gave my Dad a quilt that I made from up cycled shirts.   I put out the call for old shirts amongst family and friends and received lots of lovely shirt fabrics.  


This quilt was improv pieced.  I had a love hate relationship with this - I loved randomly putting fabrics together but I did not enjoy the having to square things up to create the completed quilt top and it did languish in the to be finished pile for a long time.  So instead of a birthday present it became a Christmas present (whoops!).


The Back

The quilting is just straight lines, 1 inch apart (give or take).  Because the fabrics are up cycled they were very soft.




4 comments:

Karyn said...

I really like your fabric combo. I think the back is as good as the front!

Schulz Family said...

that is so fantastic. Upcycling is the way to go. It gives it real depth and character

Heatherbelle said...

Gorgeous! I would love to make something like this one day.

Azizul Haq SuMon said...

Wow! This is a very wonderful post and Great advice! A good news for all. Up to 85% Off! The Eades Discount Wallpaper and Discount Fabric Shopping System is now Online! Thank you for sharing valuable information.