Monday, August 25, 2014

Sunday Sewing - A Quilt Top Finished

Yesterday I had the ultimate treat - a whole day sewing with friends, with a "small break" for a gorgeous lunch at Scopa as part of Wellington on a Plate.  My lunch was divine and the company was great.

I got most of this quilt top finished and just had a bit to do when I got home in the late afternoon. 


Midget (the owner of the feet and the hoodie) has claimed dibs on this quilt (even though she already has one).

The pattern comes from this book, Modern Quilts from the Blogging Universe:  


All the fabrics in the quilts are from my stash, including my scrap bag, apart from the Kona White.  I had a bit of a mid quilt break with this one as the instructions say you only need x number of fabrics, but to get the scrappy look like the quilt in the book you do need a greater number of fabrics.  Hence I now have a lot of left over hst blocks.  I love how this quilt came out and I love the look of half square triangles, but I do not like squaring them up!

1 comment:

Leonie said...

ooooo my goodness - there is nothing i dont love about this top! absolutely gorgeous! Cant wait to see it quilted and bound!