Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend


No more embarrassing moments pulling a business card out of my handbag to find the edges bent or lipstick smeared on it.  A new business card purse is created. 

I have been meaning to do this for ages and the Easter break has allowed me the time (and head space) to do a few bits of sewing for myself.  I downsized the pattern from here , thanks to Every Spare Minute for blogging about this pattern.  The lining and zipper covers are in the little green spot and I love them.

The Frank Kitts Market on Easter Saturday was disappointing, very few people came through the market.  I had heard from others that it was slow, but thought it was worth a try.  The up side is I got to catch up with other crafty people who I have met at other markets.



Francois and his friends got a days outing at the market, but alas were not adopted.  I usually make my bears from woollen blankets that I dye and felt, but Francois is an upper class kind of bear - he is made from 100% upcycled cashmere wool and is very soft.

I am sad to see the Easter holiday come to an end.  It marks the real change of seasons for me.  The clocks have been put back, the leaves are falling and there is a chill in the evening air.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dissapointing that the markets were a bit slow .
I hope you had a lovely Easter , it really has gone so quickly .

Melinda said...

What a gorgeous fabric to make your purse out of - the cats are too cute! I am loving your cute wee bear - cashmere, how luxurious.