Monday, August 2, 2010

weekend sewing


I love rainy Sundays.  Life seems to slow down just for one day and you get to appreciate just being, spending time with family and playing with your toys (in my case the sewing machine).

I played with the babushka fabric again.  I know I have done stuffed Babushkas before but this time I did them with a twist, you see they have ribbons coming out of their bottoms.  No I am not getting kinky - the ribbons serve a very useful purpose by providing a place to store girls hair clips, so in the mornings you are not rummaging around trying to find hair clips.

I got quite carried away and made a few of these, with different embellishments.  This one has some lace.  To stop the ribbon from fraying at the ends (as it loves to do) I turned a little bit over and glued it to the back and placed a pretty little button at the end of each ribbon.

I thought they would make good little presents, you can even add some lovely hair clips to go with them.

They are very easy to make as you can follow the outline of the Babushka on the back when you are sewing.  Easy peasy.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Cute! I love babushka dolls and this one is so sweet.
Have a Happy Day,
susie

Kim Martel said...

So Cute! I love babushka dolls and this one is so sweet. Have a Happy Day, susie