Thursday, September 23, 2010

Kids Clothes Week Challenge

I know that lots of you will already know about this - but just in case someone doesn't - Elsie Marley is hosting the wonderful Kids' Clothes Week Challenge over on her blog.


This is celebration of handmade clothes for children and a great place for inspiration.  My kids are now 13 and 15 and having clothes made by your Mum is seriously uncool, but I remember when they loved hand made clothes and if I made something for one, I had to then make something for the other.  They still like me making quilts and bags for them, so maybe my clothes making skills for teenagers are just a bit off and the end result is a bit naff.

Well if you are looking for inspiration please head over to Elsie's blog.  I would also like to recommend a great book for sewing children's clothes Making Children's Clothes by Emma Hardy.

This book contains 25 step by step projects for children aged 0-5 and contains a number of simple but very effective designs.

Happy stitching.

No comments: