Saturday, September 25, 2010

stitching in the sun

Oh it's so great to have a sunny day with no wind.  I have been sitting in the sun stitching - or more correctly tacking.  Boy did I hate tacking at school, I was always in a hurry to get to the main event.


But I am worried that if I don't tack all the pockets before stitching them in place they will move.  Plus I want to make this advent calendar like a mini quilt so when I stitch the pockets on I will be stitching through the pocket top, batting and backing as well.  My only worry is will my machine cope with so many layers.  Here's hoping.

4 comments:

Jodie said...

I'm sure it will pay off by being gorgeous.... but it is such a pain to do it properly isn't it??

Cyndi loves to stitch said...

looks very intriguing can't wait to see this finished!!!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

This is going to look wonderful - can't wait to see the finished calendar. Have you started collecting suitably lovely goodies to put in the pockets?

Jacqui said...

What a lovely calendar! I'm such a sucker for linen and red. That reindeer is killing me!