Monday, February 15, 2010

Somethings been needling me

In January I was fortunate to attend one of Alison's printing on fabric workshops.  A small group of us had a lovely day creating in Alison's beautiful study in Carterton.  I cannot go on enough about her studio and her work, it is beautiful and I am green with envy.  Alison markets her beautiful creations under the name Agnes Coy

I wasn't particularly well prepared, having just got back from holiday and did not have a vision in my mind as to what I was going to use these lovely images for.  But one of the things that has been needling me lately is that I don't have a needle book.  My needles get stuck into my pincushion and there they seem to go into hiding burying themselves in that polyfill wonderland, ready to attack an unsuspecting finger when you pick it up or scratch the table.

So in the weekend I used one of the images to create myself a needle book. 



The outside is linen and on the inside I used a piece of Amy Butler fabric I had in my stash.  I also put a little ribbon on to keep my needlebook closed when I am taking it places.


I feel very grown up, having this, almost a proper sewist.  in my pincushion I found a wealth of sewing needles, there are most probably some still lurking there.



P.S. Alison takes the printing on fabric to a whole different level, so please check out her blog and visit her studio if you get the opportunity.

1 comment:

ChickieChirps said...

Hi! I just found your blog after finding your sale on True Up... Love the Needle Book... it looks very chic. I'm so excited and a little bit jealous that you are selling these lovely fabrics in NZ. I have been thinking of doing the same thing to support a pretty nasty fabric buying habit I have. i just placed an order for some cat fabric... looking forward to seeing it for real.

Arabella