Sunday, December 13, 2009

12 More Sleeps 'til Santa

What a scary thought!!  I still have Christmas shopping to do and I am writing this post when I should be putting the finishing touches on my Christmas swap organised by Louise (2 days overdue - sorry swap partners).  I feel especially guilty as I received two lovely parcels in the weekend from 2 of my swap partners, thank you Maryanne and Norma for the beautiful decorations.  I had to claim my opening rights as a certain 12 year old girl was very keen to open my parcels on my behalf. I will take some photos in daylight and post some photos here over the next few days. The deocations are beautiful.

Did anyone else see the photo of Louise the swap organiser in Saturday's paper?  It was a lovley article about making Christmas meaningful with handmade rather than plastic cr*p.

I am pleased to say that there are no more markets before the Christmas.  I am feeling tired and my voice is giving out on me.  One kind friend suggested a change of career to an 0900 operator with my new husky voice.

On the fabric front I have received the latest samples from Kokka. Do you want a sneak peek?


It is called Bird Song and it is by the designer Etsuko Furuya.  I love this fabric - I am thinking a skirt.

And for the young girls or the young at heart..

 
  Hope everyone is surviving the pre-Christmas rush.  Keep happy and happy stitching!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

LOVE the fabrics - I can't wait till you get the ballerina fabric in the shop. My little girl will adore it.