Monday, November 15, 2010

a joint effort

In my last shipment I received these bag patterns.



A lot of internet shops say how easy these patterns are to follow even though the instructions are in Japanese.  Either I am really thick (this is a genuine possibility) or they are stretching the truth in the interests of sellling a pattern. 

So with the help of Yuki, who translated the Japanese into English and my sewing knowledge we have tried as accurately as possible to translate these patterns into English for you.  So a long time later they have finally made their way into the shop.  When you order you will receive your patterns with the translated copy included.

Happy stitching

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

I love that messenger bag - looks like it could double as a laptop bag.

The problem with figuring things out from diagrams alone is that all it takes is seeing the diagram in a different way than intended and you're lost. And diagrams are very personal in their interpretation, I know there are some patterns where I sit and look at them and have NO idea what they mean and I have to rely on the instructions. But I'm sure the diagram made sense to the person who drew it!

Amy Seven-Stitches said...

What a great service and incredibly thoughtful! Well done.