Sunday, April 24, 2011

when cats go bad

looks as though butter wouldn't melt eh?

On Friday I had planned a full day of sewing - including putting together a quilt, making some headbands and bears.  I am very high tech here and instead of a design wall there is a design floor, for working on quilt layouts, with a sheet laid down and a stool to stand on so you get a good view of a quilt layout.  This was all done the night before - with strict instructions that children were not to walk on it.

I forgot to tell one cat that she was not to have a party on it.

I arrived in the downstairs living room on Friday morning (aka sewing room, playstation den and hang out zone) to find quilt pieces in chaos. 


(This was after I pulled the sheet back to reveal the mess she had made and tried to place a few blocks back).  The evidence - a few extra "pin holes" that had been left in the blocks. 

Under interrogation she said she was sleeping...


and that she had witnesses...


I did get some sewing done, but not as much as planned.

P.S. - I will have Sherbet Pips fabric (that Alley used as a dance floor) in store in about 2 weeks - cannot wait.

7 comments:

Sunnybec said...

Sorry I don't believe it could have been that cutie that did that.... you sure you don't sleep walk!?!?

Unknown said...

Fabulous, fun and creative post!
Thanks for sharing and making me smile so early in the morning!
Gina

Sheila said...

Just stumbled upon your blog - couldn't resist the cat lure...........what is it about cats and quilts?? Obviously they don't even have to be finished quilts..lol

craftysquirrel said...

Love the colours and fabric in your quilt - please be sure to post a picture when it is finished ( Before the cat gets to it!)

Lesley said...

Oh dear! Naughty Alley...perhaps she just likes to be involved?

Little Miss Flossy said...

Oh you've got Pips! I love that collection. Can't wait to see the finished collection.

Barbrose said...

ha ha ... my two cats Molly and Maisy like to "help" me when I sew quilts too ....