Wednesday, May 4, 2011

book club is at my place tonight


All of these books except for The Passage were bought from The Book Depository (I always think of "suppository" when I hear this name - childish I know) for book club tonight.  The Passage was a Christmas present which I loved, so have decided to share in book club as well.

In our book club we don't all read the same book at the same time.  At each get together we each put in $10 and the next person hosting it takes the money and buys the books for the next meeting.

I have read all of the new books in the last two weeks except for Water for Elephants and I enjoyed them all.  I didn't realise when I bought it that Sarah's Key has been made into a movie, but I have heard the book is a lot better than the movie.

Also while I was on line I could not help clicking add to basket for Block Party, which is not due for release until 1 June.


Anybody else got any good books to recommend?

2 comments:

Leonie said...

What a great book club idea!!
I too love shopping at Book Suppository (oops Depository...see you're not the only one lol)
And Im adding those titles to my list of books to read!!! On is sitting on the table here at mum and dads so I might start it now.

Little Miss Flossy said...

I have a copy of The Passage sitting on my bedside table but I have to finish The Help by Kathryn Stockett first. It's about black maids in 1962 Missisippi. I didn't expect to like it... but I do! I even sneaked away at lunchtime yesterday to read a little more.