Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fabric spotting and a great tutorial


From not sewing at all just over 12 months ago Megan at Mousehouse is now a very capable sewist.  Not only that, she remembers what it was like when you were starting out and she has started putting together some tutorials and blog posts for those who are taking their first steps on the creative path.  And when you are starting out you need a good pin cushion and needle case and Megan has provided a tutorial for these here.

And I love her choice of fabrics  - above is The Sewing Box teamed with Little Red ribbon and below Vintage Threads.


To the people who say "I wish I could could sew", I say "you can".  Start with a project, like this, which will give you a quick result.  Don't worry about trying to achieve perfection, just do it and the more you do the better you will get.  

Thanks Megan for providing the tutorial and I am looking forward to the next instalment.  

3 comments:

Sunnybec said...

Hi Lyndy Tried to email you but my email keeps getting returned. Just wanted to say my twine that I won in your giveaway arrived this morning. Thank you so much it is really pretty and very generous of you. Hugs Linda

Fabricabrac girl said...

This is a great tutorial even if you do sew already - thanks for sharing Lyndy, am always looking for things to do with fabric!!!

Prince said...

This is a great tutorial even if you do sew already - thanks for sharing Lyndy, am always looking for things to do with fabric!!!