Monday, February 1, 2010

Trying not to overthink things...

I have tendency to overthink things especially when it comes to my sewing, quilting, crafting.  Is it good enough, should it be wider, smaller, are the colours right.  You get the drift.

Well after a dry patch of very little sewing I am trying to get back into the swing of things with a new quilt.  The rules of this quilt are that it has to be put together quickly, no mucking around, no overthinking things  -JUST DO IT!

These are the fabrics I decided upon...


These are from Heather Ross's Far Far away range with a couple of spots thrown in for good measure.

This is what I got done in about an hour or so this afternoon


Now you will see the green dot is absent.  I couldn't help myself.  I just wasn't sure about it.  See what I mean.  I am intending to put sashing between each row.  The great thing about this quilt is that apart from the width of the pieces nothing else is measured.

I am blogging about this to keep myself honest (no going back) and also as a motivational tool to get it finished in keeping with the illusion of everything is effortless (NOT).

Stayed tuned for more quilt updates!

No comments: