Saturday, March 13, 2010

cutting, cutting, cutting

The new fabric shipment arrived late Wednesday as scheduled.  I have nothing but good things to say about the freight forwarders I use, pleasant, efficient and accurate in terms of timings, this is a plug for Jenners, they are great.



Since then all I have been doing is unpacking and cutting and cutting and cutting more fabric.  I love making things, but I hate cutting out, so there have been many moments of "Are we there yet" a la Donkey from Shrek. 



All this was made more difficult by tearing the ligaments in my left thumb in my netball game on Monday.  You don't realise how really useful having an opposable thumb on your left hand is until it's not working properly.  

Sorry, it's late and I go off topic... yes back to fabric.  Well I can say as of tonight I am almost there, the end is in sight, there are only four more new fabrics to cut into - Yippee!!  So tomorrow it will be finished and then I just need to correctly box the wholesale orders to send out.


On my breaks - and I need plenty of these - I have been loading new fabrics onto the website.  I think there may be another 10 fabrics to load on.

I hope your weekend is treating you well.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope your thumbs heals quickly , love what I see of the fabric .

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, such pretty fabrics! I'd have a hard time letting anyone else near them...

Anonymous said...

What great looking fabrics!

Ouch - your thumb injury sounds painful, hope it feels better soon.