Friday, March 26, 2010

wrinkle love

I love it when quilts go all wrinkly and crinkly after their first wash.


I backed and bound the quilt in Heather Ross's Dandelion Fields white.

I am so pleased with how this has turned out - it is beautifully soft and the colours have a wow factor.

For anyone interested in making a similar quilt, the strips of Heather Ross fabrics are 4 inches wide (cut 4.5 inches to allow for seams).  The vertical white sashings are 1.5 inches wide (cut 2 inches) and the sashings at the top and bottom are 3 inches wide (cut 3.5 inches).

Apart from the width I did not measure the length of the Heather Ross fabrics, I just cut and laid them out on the floor in an arrangement I found pleasing (I don't have a fancy design wall).  The finished size of my quilt is 97 cms wide by 115 cms long approximately 38 inches by 45 inches.

I have added a Heather Ross quilt fabric combo pack into the shop with a special price for anyone interested in making their own Far Far Away quilt.  There is enough fabric for the quilt top.  There will be left over fabrics (maybe for another quilt) or you could make a bigger quilt, or a different design.

Happy Stitching

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful quilt , I love the Autumny colours !