Monday, June 21, 2010

book love


Childhood Treasures by Caroline Zoob

I never tire of this book.  I borrowed it from the library about 3 times and then taking pity on other borrowers decided to buy it about 3 years ago.  It does contain some patterns and instructions, but perhaps more importantly it is an inspirational book, that showcases Caroline Zoob's style, which I love.




I made this quilt for one of my niece's which is inspired by one of Caroline's quilts in the book. 



The handmade lace I bought at Fabric a Brac made me reach for this book again and dream of what I could use it in.

5 comments:

Megan said...

wow your quilt is amazing, what beautiful applique. might have to find that book at the library hopefully!

Chavah said...

That's gorgeous! I love it when you find a book that is a continuous source of inspiration.

Melinda said...

Gosh that's a gorgeous quilt - it must have taken you forever to complete!

Cherie said...

Stunning quilt!

Little Miss Flossy said...

I always get good ideas for new books when I read your blog... thankfully our local libraries are well-stocked too. Although I'm thinking of donating the Anna Maria Horner books I accidentally bought last month...