Monday, June 14, 2010

generosity

I could say I am amazed or surprised by the generosity of crafters/bloggers in getting involved in the auction for the Mary Potter Hospice, but I am not, I am delighted.  It comes as no surprise to know that crafters are a generous bunch.  This is one of the reasons I enjoy what I do, all the lovely creative people you meet, the sense of community and that word generosity.

One example is a lovely parcel that arrived in the mail over the weekend from Dione at Sew Funky.  I met Dione at Crafternoon Tea in Auckland (a lovely craft market in Kingsland) and we spent some time talking about crafts and fabrics.  Dione makes and sells a variety of lovelies including wonderful brooches. 

And look what she sent me...


A beautiful card and brooch.  Totally uncalled for Dione, but very much appreciated!

I am wowed by the fact that the auction for fabrics is up to $120.  Good going Jolly Caravan.  I would like to add a little something else to the auction - not more fabric - but a one of a kind Wonky Bear (this name has stuck since my sister-in-law labelled them wonky bears - thank you SJ and Happy Birthday!)  This is just a little thank you to who ever wins the auction.

No comments: